My name in simplified Chinese is 王鑫.
I am a Hartree Postdoctoral Fellow at the Joint Center for Quantum Information and Computer Science (QuICS) at the University of Maryland, College Park.
I received my doctorate in quantum information from the University of Technology Sydney (UTS:QSI) in 2018, under the supervision of Prof. Runyao Duan and Prof. Andreas Winter. I obtained my B.S. in mathematics (with Wu Yuzhang Honor) from Sichuan University in 2014.
My research aims to better understand the power and limits of information processing with quantum systems and the structure of quantum entanglement, which includes,
- quantum Shannon theory
- quantum entanglement and other quantum resource theories
- zero-error information theory
- quantum networks
- quantum programming language
- connections of quantum computation and information to optimization, Markov chains, thermodynamics, and learning theory.
- 08/2018, our paper Probabilistic distillation of quantum coherence (with Gerardo Adesso, Kun Fang, Ludovico Lami, and Bartosz Regula) was published in Physical Review Letters.
- 07/2018, our paper Quantum Channel Simulation and the Channel’s Smooth Max- Information (with Mario Berta, Kun Fang, and Marco Tomamichel) was presented at ISIT 2018, TQC 2018 and BIID 2018.
- 07/2018, our paper One-shot coherence distillation (with Gerardo Adesso, Kun Fang, and Bartosz Regula) was published in Physical Review Letters.
- 06/2018, our joint works Converse bounds for classical communication over quantum networks and On finite blocklength bounds for classical communication over quantum channels were presented at ISIT 2018.
- 03/2018, our paper Separation between quantum Lovász number and entanglement-assisted zero-error classical capacity was published in IEEE Transactions on Information Theory [link].
- 01/2018, our paper On converse bounds for classical communication over quantum channels was presented as a talk at QIP 2018 [video].
- 01/2018, our joint submission Efficiently computable upper bounds for quantum communication was presented as a talk at QIP 2018 [video].
- 01/2018, our paper (with Yinan Li, Youming Qiao, and Runyao Duan) Tripartite-to-bipartite entanglement transformation by SLOCC and the structure of matrix spaces was published in Communications in Mathematical Physics [link].
- 01/2018, our paper Semidefinite programming strong converse bounds for classical capacity was published in IEEE Transactions on Information Theory [link].
- 11/2017, the quantum software project was online (led by Runyao Duan and Mingsheng Ying), Q|SI>: a quantum programming environment [paper] [web].
- 11/2017, our paper Irreversibility of asymptotic entanglement manipulation under PPT operations was published in Physical Review Letters. This work answers Problem 20 of the Quantum Information Open Problem List.
- 01/2017, our work Semidefinite programming strong converse bounds for quantum channel capacities was presented at QIP 2017 (slides or video).
- 01/2017, our work Asymptotic entanglement manipulation under PPT operations: new SDP bounds and irreversibility was presented at QIP 2017 (slides or video).
Office: ATL 3100L
Joint Center for Quantum Information and Computer Science
3100 Atlantic Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742, USA
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org